Thursday, June 9, 2011

Liquid Lunch

No, this isn't a giant vat of Miracle Gro - although that isn't a bad idea.  This is my lunch hour from May through September (and sometimes into October if God smiles on the backyard).

Lunch happens at no set time around here.  Very often, the end of the picture I'm working on signals the beginning of lunch.  Maybe that is 3PM, maybe it is noon.  When it arrives, I hit the water and put everything on hold.  I move and stretch and breathe and splash until I get tired.  Birds sing, breezes blow, lawnmowers buzz in the background and planes hum overhead.
Life is good all of the time - but I especially love lunch hour.

Tomorrow is Countdown Friday
THE COUNT WILL BE 113

And what is so rare as a day in June?  Then, if ever, come perfect days.
JAMES RUSSELL LOWELL 

No comments:

Post a Comment