Thursday, June 16, 2011

Garden Cam

Would someone please call Jack and tell him he accidentally dropped his beanstalk in my backyard?  
Yeah - remember those three little tiny sprouts from my post a couple of weeks ago?  I think I was sending up prayers for giant pumpkins if memory serves.  Well, if giant vines are any indication, looks like this will be a bumper crop.  Stay tuned.
Meanwhile - the cukes are following directions and obediently climbing straight up the trellis.  We're in the thick of pickle-making already.
  First okra pods came in this week.  Summer squash is also showing up, along with the first tomatoes.  The dinner menu - by default - is fried okra, fried squash, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers - and homemade mac and cheese.
 Preview of coming attractions - green beans, sugar snap peas - and carrots!
And just around the corner into the next few weeks, this view will explode into a sea of giant zinnias in red, yellow, fuschia, purple, lime green - and a brand new red and white candy-stripe variety.

Tomorrow is Countdown Friday
THE COUNT WILL BE 106
 I'm not sure who said it, but I love the saying:
"Time Began in a Garden"  

No comments:

Post a Comment