Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Buzzy Weekend

Hey Toto!  This isn't Kansas, but it is North Carolina, and I must say that a Carolina Blue sky in July is pretty hard to beat. 

We are back at work in the studio after a very busy weekend in Atlanta during which I took only two pictures - and they came out blurry.
Otherwise, our semi-annual trip to the Atlanta Market was inspiring and exciting and exhausting and way too much fun.  We had so many good visits with our clients, and caught up with some of our artist friends as well.

A few notes from the weekend:
*
We noticed an abundance of bright colors and happy themes in the products displayed.  Bravo to our manufacturers of gifts and home accessories for deciding that happiness and joy should rule the day when it comes to choices for decorating our homes.

*
Santa is back with a bang!  Look for more of everyone's favorite old elf on retail shelves this coming season, sharing the spotlight with all those adorable snowmen.
*
We met several artist friends on Friday night for a gathering at the Westin Hotel.  And what do artists talk about when they all get together?  Why - their ipads, of course!  We got the scoop on the pros and cons of each version - and had loads of fun looking at grandbaby photos and videos, too.  I won't mention any names because you know who you are, Brenda Pinnick!
*
While on my way to an appointment, I happened upon another of my favorite artists - a fellow Carolina Girl who lives just a few miles down the road from me - my friend Susan Winget.  After hugs and hellos, we made a valiant attempt at pictures (which are the two that came out blurry - sorry Susan!)
*
We barely missed a live cooking demonstration by Food Network Iron Chef Cat Cora in the Mart's Gourmet Kitchen Theater.  A few years back, we did catch Tyler Florence live - and the Pork Tenderlion with Salsa Verde that he served afterward was to die for.
*
After a quick buzz through the Gourmet aisles on Sunday morning (where we sampled everything from Striplings incredible Beef Jerky to Bellagio's White Sipping Chocolate) we rolled back to North Carolina full of fresh ideas and encouraging words from our clients.









Now, if I can manage to pull myself away from this blue sky and these sunflowers, maybe I can translate those ideas into artistic reality.

Speaking of the sunflowers, my husband, Joe, shot these gorgeous sunflower pictures just after sunrise this morning in our garden.  He has a way with a camera!



2 comments:

  1. I wish I lived within driving distance to the Atlanta show......meaning the show would have to move to Columbus or something because I don't want to move so far south!! lol, It is so blazing hot here I can't imagine how hot is it down south!! Glad you had a good show....sounds more relaxed than the January show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, sounds like a heap of fun!! And the smiling sunflower says it all!
    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete