Saturday, February 11, 2012

Chalkboard Chic

The recent winter trade shows produced a wonderful trend fully arrived - chalkboard chic.  Trends in the home decor industry don't just land full-blown.  They usually peek their heads for a couple of seasons until all of a sudden you see them everywhere.
 Such was the case with chalkboard chic.  Everywhere I turned last month at the trade shows, there were wonderful, inventive examples to choose from.
 With a simple and inexpensive can of chalkboard paint, you can have as much fun as you did in fingerpaint class in the first grade, all the while giving your home a little bit of artsy "oomph".  And, yes, I just coined that phrase.
Even the tiniest touch can carry a big punch.

This buffet station, above, becomes a work of art when backed with a simple chalkboard message.  Change the message to suit your mood, or the season - and change the look entirely.
Another great look, although I can't envision dashing off such a dandy rendition of the Eiffel Tower as this with simple chalk - but to each their own.  Here's hoping the kids don't accidently smudge the foundation and cause the whole thing to topple...
 The key is to have fun, let loose and laugh.
For more great examples of chalkboard chic (and credits on these great shots) visit my Pinterest page by clicking the button at the top right-hand corner of my blog.
Happy decorating, y'all!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE the new look of your blog! And chalkboard chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these! Holly just painted an oval ceramic platter with chalkboard paint. Now you both have me thinking...."Where can I put one?"

    They're so cool!

    XO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris. Your grandson is adorable! Hugs to you, too!

    ReplyDelete