Thursday, December 8, 2011

Making Spirits Bright

The studio is Christmas Central these days - in more ways than one.  By an odd quirk of scheduling fate, I'm actually working on a new Christmas collection!  Most of the time, Christmas artwork is on the board in the dog days of summer.  (Try creating jingle-bell-magic when all you really want to do is go pick a fresh tomato off the vine for a BLT.)

But as I write this, Nat King Cole is serenading me.  "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...".  Sing it, brother.  I'm sipping a Peppermint Cappuccino, there is a fire crackling in the fireplace, and all sorts of new visions of sugarplums are dancing in my head.

I love this job. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth,
    Love your web site and blog. Your artwork never fails to bring a smile to my face. Keep up the wonderful work and have a blessed holiday.
    Melissa Saylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, what a treat to have the Christmas project happen AT Christmas time! I know what you mean...creating holiday art during the summer when the AC is on...yuck! Where's the lemonade!?

    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete