Thursday, September 22, 2011

September Garden

Those of you who know me know that if I could take the perfect summer day and stretch it from January to December, I would.

Fortunately for us all, God did not endow me with that ability.  Ever the optimist, however, I do what I can.  Planting a brand new crop of zinnias in August is one way to get it done.  The result is a garden full of sunshine at the end of September - and they will bloom past Halloween if I close my eyes and click my heels together three times and channel my inner lovely-day-in-June.

And that's not ALL (says the lady in the infomercial).
Harvest those babies and bring them inside, grab a camera and shoot.  
I know.  They look good enough to eat, don't they?
Tomorrow is Countdown Friday
THE COUNT WILL BE 9

My blessings are as many and as varied as these flowers, multiplied thousands of times, and I thank God for every single one.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, you have made me want to try but I don't think we have the climate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zinnias - one of my favorite annuals. Also love marigolds and portulaca!

    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete